Skulls Anywhere Sync Issues

While Skulls of the Shogun is an elegant piece of coding magic, there is the .000000002% chance that there are bugs. Get the official list of known bugs, and see what fixes are in store for the title update. If you find one we don't have listed, let us know in here.
Forum rules
By using the Skulls of the Shogun Forums, you acknowledge and agree to the forum rules located here.

Skulls Anywhere Sync Issues

Postby ktimam » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:26 am

It seems that skulls Anywhere games are having mixed states. Many games start with units positioned in states retrieved from previous rounds. I'm not sure whether its a sync issue on the server or on my local Machine. I sent a few emails but haven't received any reply.
ktimam

Xbox Live Gamertag: ktimam

Re: Skulls Anywhere Sync Issues

Postby 17-BIT Borut » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:29 am

Hey - sorry for the delay, I wrote back via email, but in case anybody on the forums comes here with the same problem...

We think this is currently caused by a temprary issue in the cloud storage servers being down or malfunctioning, but not producing a warning. If you see your army in this kind of state, it's best to wait, don't play your turn, and try again in a little while. Also make sure you follow the instructions for cloud save syncing to make sure your connected to Xbox Live: http://community.skullsoftheshogun.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22
17-BIT Borut

Postby Robert » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:43 pm

Same issue happened to me last week and now again today. Here's a screenshot: http://sdrv.ms/XXc9kL

Maintained connectivity to Xbox LIVE yet reports failed connection error.
Robert

Steam ID: RadiatingBlade
Xbox Live Gamertag: RadiatingBlade

Postby 17-BIT Borut » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:54 pm

Replyied in the other similar thread too, but just to let folks coming here know, we've at least narrowed down what kind of error behavior on the server causes this. We're working with Microsoft to see if there's anything they can do on the server side to address it immediately, but at least when we release the first patch the game will have better error hnadling to avoid this from happening.
17-BIT Borut

Postby Robert » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:59 pm

Just to update, one Skulls Anywhere game this evening so far have resulted in a Xbox LIVE sync issue. The sync issue since last week seems to persistently lose connection when I'm in the middle of playing my second Skulls Anywhere game.
Last edited by Robert on Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robert

Postby Robert » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:11 am

I'll make an educated guess and say half of the Skulls Anywhere games I have joined either go out of sync with the spinning orbs bug, replay last turn bug or Xbox LIVE connection errors, prompting me to leave those games since no further progress can be made.
Last edited by Robert on Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robert

Postby Robert » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:26 pm

I tried to play one Skulls Anywhere game, just one game and it "failed to send turn" right after I won the game.
Robert

Return to Technical Issues and Assistance