SKULLS OF THE SHOGUN: BONE-A-FIDE EDITION?

Wanna gab about the Skulls? Speak generally about the Generals of the afterlife!
Forum rules
By using the Skulls of the Shogun Forums, you acknowledge and agree to the forum rules located here.

SKULLS OF THE SHOGUN: BONE-A-FIDE EDITION?

Postby Xtramalt » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:43 pm

So I'm wondering, are the any plans to bring the additional content of the "Bone-a-fide edition" to the existing platofrms, either as an update or DLC?

I bought all three versions (Xbla, Phone and Win 8) love the game and still think it is the best Xbox game on Windows 8 and Windows Phone. I can understand 17-Bit wanting to get more people playing (and make more sales) and know that dispite the great reviews sales were less than stellar on microsoft's platforms (Windows Phone was the best seller from what I recall).

I'd love to play more Skulls and have a deeper experience with the versions I've already got, what do you say 17-Bit? Throw me a bone. ;)
Xtramalt

Xbox Live Gamertag: Xtramalt

Re: SKULLS OF THE SHOGUN: BONE-A-FIDE EDITION?

Postby 17-BIT Ben » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:48 am

Unfortunately, due to the expense of releasing this content as DLC for all previous Microsoft platforms & market conditions we have no plans to do so. We’ve decided to focus on Steam and additional yet-to-be announced platforms for future content and products.

That said, we greatly appreciate your support. Check your PMs for a message from me. :)
17-BIT Ben

Steam ID: drbinocular
Xbox Live Gamertag: Dr Binocular

Postby Xtramalt » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:57 am

Thanks Ben. I understand.
Xtramalt

Xbox Live Gamertag: Xtramalt

Postby warthurton » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:41 pm

I really need to stop getting sucked into the XBLA trap. It was just to temping to use Win 8 & XBOX progress back and forth. I guess if I'd realized earlier how much MS charged developers for doing patches & DLC I would just always wait for Steam.

I really love the game and will look forward to adding the Steam version to my XBLA and Win 8 versions when the first Steam sale hits. Unfortunately I can't justify purchasing another copy of the game right now. Though looking back I did get the Win 8 version for $6.99 so I probably will end up buying it.

Congrats on the Steam release. Look forward to everything to come.
warthurton

Steam ID: warthurton
Xbox Live Gamertag: GluteusCranium

Postby Pinkeye69 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:44 am

I was hoping those of us who play and enjoy SOTS on the current Win Platforms would be getting the extra missions and mp maps, I was looking forward to some new MP areas to battle on, not that fussed about the new unit at the moment.
Pinkeye69

Xbox Live Gamertag: pinkeye69

Postby uninvitedguest » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:55 am

I purchased SOTS on Windows 8 and WP8 on day one and encouraged my friends to do so as well- I really wanted the team to succeed after taking the exclusive stance that they did. After reading Borut's interview with RPS today, I am miffed to hear that as a result of my support I won't see any new content. Adding further insult to the injury is that the Steam version and Microsoft versions will not talk to each other- so anyone who I couldn't convince to buy it for Windows 8 but is willing to purchase off Steam can't play with me. I have to buy it again to play with other friends?
uninvitedguest

Steam ID: uninvitedguest
Xbox Live Gamertag: uninvitedguest1

Postby 17-BIT Borut » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:39 pm

Unfortunately the cross platform limitation is very much a Microsoft policy, and we've had to redo the backend async system to implement it for other platforms, so it's not possible for them to play together.
17-BIT Borut

Postby grabuzor » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:07 pm

Hi there!
I'd like to buy Skulls of the Shogun, but I'm considering which version of the game I should get.
I intend to play on Microsoft Surface Pro.

I suppose the Windows 8 version of the game is optimized for touch controls and such?
Will the steam version support this as well, or should I stick to the Windows 8 version?
grabuzor

Postby 17-BIT Borut » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:08 am

Hey - you're correct, the Windows 8 version will have much better touch support on the Surface Pro. We haven't tested the Steam version very much on Windows 8, but it looks like the default touch handling in XNA is not that great because it's expecting Windows 7 touch handling.

The Windows 8 version will also play w/ xbox live players, so if you have more friends on xbox live you want to play together with, that's something to consider.

The Windows 8 version has the 20 level single player campaign, but not the 4 extra levels for the small add-on we made for Steam. We currently have no plans to bring that to Windows 8 because of the cost and market conditions. But the normal campaign is pretty beefy, with an average of 10-15 hrs of play (it's on the higher end if you go after all the secondary campaign objectives).

Hope that helps!
17-BIT Borut

Postby grabuzor » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:12 am

Thanks a lot for your answer. I just bought the Windows 8 version for starters.
If my friends catch on with the game when it's out on steam, I'll buy that version as well.
Keep up the good work!
grabuzor

Next

Return to Skulls of the Shogun: General Discussion