Since Release Unable to Complete Many Games

Xbox 360? Windows Phone? Windows 8? Windows Surface? You can play Skulls Anywhere single player and multiplayer across all of these devices. Want to ask how? Want to play against other Skulls forum users?
Forum rules
By using the Skulls of the Shogun Forums, you acknowledge and agree to the forum rules located here.

Since Release Unable to Complete Many Games

Postby Robert » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:38 am

Would the devs please consider disabling the ability to leave a Skulls Anywhere game under certain circumstances? For example, within XX hours of the last turn and after opponents have been selected.

I have played several games over the past week and have not had the opportunity to finish more than one game because either the other player did not take their turn for several days so I left, or my opponent would leave an active game (turns within 24 hours of each other) before the end for any number of reasons, including what I guess to be avoiding a loss. Besides receiving the achievement for winning a Skulls Anywhere match, I would like to finish a much greater percentage of games. Thanks!
Robert

Steam ID: RadiatingBlade
Xbox Live Gamertag: RadiatingBlade

Re: Since Release Unable to Complete Many Games

Postby 17-BIT Borut » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:59 am

Hey Robert - Yeah, we realize it can be difficult to finish a match right now. Some of that is just an issue with any other async games similar to this. But also notifications on Windows Phone & Win8 haven't been working 100%, so players may not be getting back to their turns as quickly as they would with that. That's on Microsoft's side, though, so we're trying to work with them as we can to get that resolved - that should help at least. We'll consider adding a limitation to temporarily disable that though. In the meantime, if a player is taking several days to take their turn, I'd be a bit patient with them.

Thanks,
Borut
17-BIT Borut

Postby Robert » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:09 am

Thanks for your reply, Borut. I agree notifications in Windows 8 need an overhaul. Game alerts are a nice feature in the Xbox Games app for Windows 8, but most of the time I simply launch Skulls and look for games with "Your Turn!". By the time I check them, it's after I had taken my turn and there is no simple way for me to dismiss them. Also, the Xbox Games app for Windows 8 live tile shows that a player invited me to a game after the fact that we started a game together. :roll:
Robert

Postby Robert » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:17 am

Just wanted to update and say that I have been able to finish a much greater percentage of games by friending players who have registered for these forums as well as players who I've frequently been matched up against. I continue to experience the same player turn bug (rotating orbs over dead unit indefinitely) with one of my opponents and had to leave those games, but will invite him to new games after the first patch goes live.
Robert

Postby tals » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:25 am

A timeout option in the options could assist, maybe 12 hours/24hours/5 days/7 days never as the options. If you don't submit then either pass the turn back or resign the player (maybe after x timeouts?)

Also is their an option to play a skulls anywhere game with a friend - that would be good as well.
tals

Steam ID: talsworthy

Return to Skulls of the Shogun: Skulls Anywhere!