[BUG] Guardian Gardens background won't load

While Skulls of the Shogun is an elegant piece of coding magic, there is the .000000002% chance that there are bugs. Get the official list of known bugs, and see what fixes are in store for the title update. If you find one we don't have listed, let us know in here.
Forum rules
By using the Skulls of the Shogun Forums, you acknowledge and agree to the forum rules located here.

[BUG] Guardian Gardens background won't load

Postby bondolon » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:56 pm

Steps:
On ubuntu 64-bit, attempt to load the Guardian Gardens level. The background will not load. There is no crash, and the game plays as normal on a white background.

Repeatability:
100%. I have reinstalled the game twice after deleting all files and re-downloading, and a rather disastrous attempt to copy the `Content` directory from a windows installation (apparently doesn't work to any extent).

Note:
The following appears in the console:
Code: Select all
user@machine:~/skullsoftheshogun$ ./SkullsOfTheShogun.bin.x86_64
EXT_swap_control_tear unsupported. Fall back to standard VSync.
EXT_swap_control_tear unsupported. Fall back to standard VSync.
World.LoadContent() failed to load: Maps\spring\Spring_4

The result is a totally white level where no water can be seen, resulting in somewhat unpredictable water deaths. I have a screenshot which I seemingly cannot upload, but can be provided on request.
bondolon

Re: [BUG] Guardian Gardens background won't load

Postby 17-BIT Borut » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:02 am

Hey - depending on when you downloaded it, you may want to now delete Content/Maps/ and reverify the game cache. Early Linux builds had some case sensitivity wrong, and apparently Steam doesn't check case for files that previously existed in a different case. So you have to get rid of the file in order to have it update it correctly.
17-BIT Borut

Postby bondolon » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:39 pm

I originally downloaded it from the Humble Bundle webpage after purchasing it through that program. I have confirmed the Steam version works as expected.
bondolon

Postby 17-BIT Borut » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:20 pm

Have you tried downloading the latest version from the humble store? (From your library, past purchases). That was updated after launch so the while the Steam version auto-updated you'll have to grab the latest DRM build there.
17-BIT Borut

Return to Technical Issues and Assistance