Where are all the online players?

Xbox 360? Windows Phone? Windows 8? Windows Surface? You can play Skulls Anywhere single player and multiplayer across all of these devices. Want to ask how? Want to play against other Skulls forum users?
Forum rules
By using the Skulls of the Shogun Forums, you acknowledge and agree to the forum rules located here.

Where are all the online players?

Postby coip » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:14 pm

I bought Skulls of the Shogun about 3 weeks ago and I love it. I completed the single-player campaign (enjoyed the story), honed my skills, and then turned to Skulls Anywhere online play, hoping to regularly play against other fans. It's been nothing but frustration the entire time. Here's why:
1. I have yet to 'finish' a game, either beause (a) the other player takes forever to submit a move (I've been waiting days and even weeks sometimes for the other player to take his or her turn), or (b) when it gets near the end and the outcome looks imminent, the other player just bails on the game (robbing me of my Xbox live achievement, by the way)
2. There don't seem to be enough active players. I created a game days ago and it still says it's searching for an opponent! I figured a game across 4 platforms (Xbox 360, Windows 8, Windows RT, and Windows Phone) would have a plethora of eager players. Where is everyone!? And the ones who are 'there' aren't fun to play with (for the reasons delineated above).

So, what's going on here? It's such a shame because it's such a great game.
coip

Xbox Live Gamertag: range is good

Re: Where are all the online players?

Postby coip » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:52 am

Okay, more than 1 month ago I started 8 'skulls anywhere' games, some 1 on 1, others 2 on 2. The other players have not submitted their turns for over a month. I find it hard to believe that among all of those players (at least a dozen different people), not a single one of them has an interest in finishing these games (some of them were nearly complete, others just started).

Is this a problem with the servers or the players? Regardless, there needs to be something built in where, after waiting a month for your oopponent to play, you automatically win the match. Should I just 'leave' these games and start new ones?
coip

Postby 17-BIT Borut » Mon May 06, 2013 3:19 pm

Hey - yeah, we've found one the downsides of Microsoft not putting in proper system notifications on xbox is some players try it out there and don't try it again. Also there's been recurring issues with notifications stopping on Windows Phone and Windows 8 that MS hasn't been great about looking into.

My reccomendation is just create or search for a bunch of games, play several at a time, and you'll see who updates w/the frequency you like (whether it's every day or every few days), and leave the other games. Then be sure to choose rematch with those more regular players and keep games going that way.
17-BIT Borut

Postby coip » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:34 pm

Yeah, I found a few other players now that play regularly. I also convinced 3 of my friends on Xbox 360 to get the game, and now we're playing regular 4-player games, cross-platform (me on Windows RT and Windows Phone 8) and them on Xbox 360. Great game.
coip

Postby PowerDom5000 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:20 pm

I know the feeling of wanting to finish that game but the opponent just quits the game. I've also been in games where there's absolutely no way to win. I usually finish them, but what I would really like to see is a "seppuku" option where the general falls on his own sword. I feel this would be a more honorable way to concede defeat rather than just stupidly throwing your own general to die or (as more people do) just quit the game.
PowerDom5000

Xbox Live Gamertag: My User Name

Samsung Galaxy Accessories

Postby Affigetet » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:44 am

Right after next-generation iPhone launched, numerous people's eyes are invariably turned on the following generation of iPad. there are a number of rumors which state that Apple is thinking of incorporating 3D technology to the show on the iPad 3. There was a rumor from a manufacturing insider, a prototype constructed by CPT, and an unearthed Apple patent that described a multi-layered screen that might be employed to create 3D results.
The source says the 3D display could create a reappearance at some time, but only when the technologies becomes much more handy than novel. Will we potentially see this type of show during the iPad 3? It seems highly unlikely, due to the fact you will find a great number of other rumors to choose from about the new retina display. This could be technology we'll see later on, but since it stands, 3D screens have a long way to go prior to theyre anything in excess of a novelty.
This week, there are a few new rumors floating all around online about that mythical 3D display that Apple may well or might not be doing work on, from one more insider source and from a new 3D show and imaging system patent that was granted to Apple.
According to a supply who "has good friends at Apple and who has been reliable about Apple items within the past" Apple has, in its possession, an iPad three having a 3D display. "The iPad three was typically known as the iPad 3D in early prototypes," stated the source. The display, which didn't demand end users to wear glasses to check out the 3D effects was abandoned by Apple. "They didnt want it for being a gimmick," he guessed.
The rumor goes the good reasons why apple use 3D screen from the next generation iPad is the fact that apple hope that this policy can stay away from the speculation and expectations of media. He also pointed out that whilst Apple thought when it is needed, 3D screen will naturally arise amid its merchandise.
That holograph patent although Wow! Thats an idea that sounds remarkable. Id love to check out a thing like that incorporated into [url=http://www.hcases.ca/sony-ericsson-w980-front-screen-display-repair-parts-ca12262-covers-12701.html]Sony Ericsson W980 Front LCD Screen Display Repair Parts CA12262[/url] a potential device. Do you feel nicely see 3D or holographic imagery from Apple anytime soon? Let us know from the feedback.
It truly is understood that apple utilized to get a patent on 3D screens earlier this fall. The description with the patent is: the ability to allow customers to interact with holographic graphics, or projected onto their fingers within the screen to operate the tools for virtual products.
The following generation ipad will known as ipad 3D
Affigetet

Postby costofbiz » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:09 pm

[quote="PowerDom5000"]I know the feeling of wanting to finish that game but the opponent just quits the game. I've also been in games where there's absolutely no way to win. I usually finish them, but what I would really like to see is a "seppuku" option where the general falls on his own sword. I feel this would be a more honorable way to concede defeat rather than just stupidly throwing your own general to die or (as more people do) just quit the game.[/quote]

Like resigning in chess. Much better way to concede defeat.
costofbiz

Xbox Live Gamertag: costofbiz

Return to Skulls of the Shogun: Skulls Anywhere!