Down key stuck bug?

While Skulls of the Shogun is an elegant piece of coding magic, there is the .000000002% chance that there are bugs. Get the official list of known bugs, and see what fixes are in store for the title update. If you find one we don't have listed, let us know in here.
Forum rules
By using the Skulls of the Shogun Forums, you acknowledge and agree to the forum rules located here.

Down key stuck bug?

Postby rakesh » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:14 pm

As soon as I launch the game, the cursor keeps continuously scrolling through the options on the screen, as in, if the down key was being pressed. However, it isn't stuck ( as I have no issues outside of the game). This bug renders the game unplayable since I can't even log in in the game due to this. Is this a known bug? What can I do to fix it?
rakesh

Re: Down key stuck bug?

Postby 17-BIT Ben » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:27 pm

Which platform and OS are you playing on? And how exactly are you launching the game? (control wise) Thanks!
17-BIT Ben

Steam ID: drbinocular
Xbox Live Gamertag: Dr Binocular

Postby rakesh » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:55 pm

Windows 7 and through Steam.
rakesh

Postby 17-BIT Borut » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:08 pm

Do you have any plugged in but unused controllers lying around? The only time I've seen this, it's usually a controller I think is disconnected or inactive, but is actually connected & lying such that it's L-stick is being pushed - we haven't seen it just do that otherwise without any apparent reason.

Aside from that, do you notice anything odd with the mouse cursor, or other input? if you try to override menu selections with the mouse (timing it to select choices quickly before it advances), do you notice anything else odd the further you make it into the menus or gameplay?
17-BIT Borut

Postby rakesh » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:07 pm

No I don't have a controller lying around. Have never used a controller with this laptop. I've tried unplugging my mouse which doesn't stop the continuous scrolling through the options. I've tried to select options and whatever screen I'm on it continues to scroll. I've gotten to the login page ( I think) and am unable to enter text unless I time it exactly to each time the login field is highlighted.

Let me know what else I can provide to get to the bottom of this since the game is unplayable
rakesh

Postby 17-BIT Borut » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:17 pm

Can you run DXDiag (you can type that in the Start->Run box), and send the text file that creates to support@skullsoftheshogun.com?

That should give us more info on whatever input devices are installed in case another one of them is causing the weirdness. Thanks!
17-BIT Borut

Return to Technical Issues and Assistance