Game claims I do not have permissions to play online

While Skulls of the Shogun is an elegant piece of coding magic, there is the .000000002% chance that there are bugs. Get the official list of known bugs, and see what fixes are in store for the title update. If you find one we don't have listed, let us know in here.
Forum rules
By using the Skulls of the Shogun Forums, you acknowledge and agree to the forum rules located here.

Game claims I do not have permissions to play online

Postby BLACKJACK621 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:38 pm

I've been playing Skulls on my xbox, and it refuses to acknowledge that I am in fact signed into xbox live, and won't update the leaderboards and will not let me play online with anyone. When my friend invites me to his match, it tells me I do not have the permissions to do so! Any ideas as to whats wrong?
BLACKJACK621

Xbox Live Gamertag: BLACKJACK621

Re: Game claims I do not have permissions to play online

Postby 17-BIT Borut » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:14 am

So this can happen in a couple instances:

On Xbox 360, you need an Xbox Live Gold membership to play online. This is Microsoft's policy. (However on Windows Phone and Windows 8 you can play online using the Skulls anywhere mode with just a silver profile).

Or, on any platform, this will happen if you profile has had Xbox Live multiplayer privileges turned off (that's one of the parental controls) - however this would still allow you to post to leaderboards.
17-BIT Borut

Postby oninobondo » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:52 am

I am experiencing the same issue. I am the Family admin to my XBLA Gold Family account. I checked permissions (also I play several other onliine games), reset the NAT settings in the network configuration,and logged in through the game's pop interface to log in to XBL multiple times. I have finished the campaign and am working on golden skull accolades but I would love to be playing online against other players as well. Help me Shoguns you're my only hope..

oninobondo
oninobondo

Xbox Live Gamertag: OniNoBondo

Postby oninobondo » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:00 am

Also on the online game start up screen in the upper right corner there is a black box that read as such:

Signed in profiles
ONINOBONDO - Joined!
Sign in (A)

Where (A) is the green A button on the controller of course.
On the bottom right of the you can "Sign in" or "Cancel" I choose "sign in" and the XBox login pop up appears. I then log in using my XBL Gold account. It then return me to the previous screen with the message remaining on the screen "You must be signed in to XBox Live for this game type"
oninobondo

Postby oninobondo » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:09 pm

As additional information, on a whim I decided to check the other profiles on my family gold account. They all can get into online games fine. I checks the permissions and all 4 are set identically. Hope this helps.

oninobondo
oninobondo

Postby 17-BIT Borut » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:10 pm

Yeah it sounds like that account has the multiplayer privileges blocked, if the others work (and it is tied to the same Family Gold membership). There's some guidance on how to change that setting here: http://www.getgamesmart.com/tools/guide/xboxlive/
17-BIT Borut

Return to Technical Issues and Assistance