Has anyone actually beat single-player?

Wanna gab about the Skulls? Speak generally about the Generals of the afterlife!
Forum rules
By using the Skulls of the Shogun Forums, you acknowledge and agree to the forum rules located here.

Has anyone actually beat single-player?

Postby marcon1259 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:19 am

I'm new to Skulls, and I am fully addicted. But, I've been on the last level for awhile and I'm getting discouraged. I've probably spent 5 or more hours accumulative trying to beat it, and have only really gotten to where everybody's dead but the shogun twice. My latest strategy was to have him follow me around until he had no more skulls to eat, and would get weakened by the lion shrines. This still didn't work because he always manages to get himself a healing monk. Anytime I face him with my general he's just too powerful. I'm still under the impression it's possible to win, but I have my doubts at times.
marcon1259

Re: Has anyone actually beat single-player?

Postby marcon1259 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:17 pm

So 20 people have looked at this but no one's replied... Am I to assume none of these people have beaten this game?
marcon1259

Postby Robert » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:41 pm

This evening I just completed the single player campaign. In the very last battle it's important to play defensive and let your opponent come to you, because all of your opponents are in demon form, whereas your units are not improved. Focus on taking out one enemy unit per turn. Attack archers with cavalry/infantry, attack cavalry/infantry with archers. Protect your archers behind spirit walls. Eat as many skulls as possible, so your units can transform into demons as well. Summoning crow monks from both of those shrines near the starting position made the level much easier. Wait until at least one of your opponent's units moves to an ice patch on the left or right and then during your next turn, push them off the cliff with your crow monks. Most of the time the A.I. did not form spirit walls, so take advantage of that! I was able to minimize taking a hit most of the time with the crow monk method. At the end of the game I had a surprising number of units left. Try this and let me know how it works for you! :)
Robert

Steam ID: RadiatingBlade
Xbox Live Gamertag: RadiatingBlade

Postby zedarot » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:50 am

Well, I finish the last battle in 28 mins. If you have problems, you can use my strategies. You have to accept the fact that you will lost at least 3-5 units but it doesn't matter. First, gather 3-4 archers to the left side because CPU tends to attack you more from this. You have to kill the archers of enemy first. Remember to take advantage of slippery ice and knock your enemy's units to edge and they will die instantly instead of fighting to death and you will have more turns to attack. Haunt one shrine and get the fox monk first, try to eat skull to turn him into demon so you will have 2 chance of healing your unit. The other shrine, get salamander monk because he can spell to call 3 Onis. Remember that there are 2 infantries who drink potions. Kill them first and at any cost because they're the most dangerous. If you succeed, eat the gold skull and try to turn the unit into demon. To fight against frozen blade, you need at least, 5 demons including 2 with potions to kill the unit in one 5-turn attack. Finally, use all the demon to attack the Ultimate Shogun until he has only 1HP left, then wake up your shogun and kill him.
zedarot

Xbox Live Gamertag: Ha Tien Dat

Postby I_Spiritus_I » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:05 am

I'm on the 3rd boss battle, hopefully will get it complete in the next few weeks :). I want to try and get all gold skulls too!
I_Spiritus_I

Xbox Live Gamertag: I Spiritus I

Postby marcon1259 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:46 pm

Nice! Thanks for the responses. I put the game down for awhile cuz I was discouraged, but I'll try again with your methods.
marcon1259

Postby coip » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:23 pm

I beat the final level on my first try, but I was very patient and careful: it took 75 minutes! It was very satisfying, though.
coip

Xbox Live Gamertag: range is good

Postby Miller_C_3000 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:25 am

What worked for me was patience and making sure I kept alive some skirmishers. Ranged demonised units can keep his health down, eventually allowing Akamoto to get the kill blow.
Miller_C_3000

Xbox Live Gamertag: Millet C 3000

Postby Maritox » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:44 am

I just finished! So sad there isnt a Hardmode around!
Maritox

Xbox Live Gamertag: Yesimario

Return to Skulls of the Shogun: General Discussion