New units not showing for opponent.

While Skulls of the Shogun is an elegant piece of coding magic, there is the .000000002% chance that there are bugs. Get the official list of known bugs, and see what fixes are in store for the title update. If you find one we don't have listed, let us know in here.
Forum rules
By using the Skulls of the Shogun Forums, you acknowledge and agree to the forum rules located here.

New units not showing for opponent.

Postby DJ 0311 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:45 pm

First off love what you guys did with this game I bought it on all three systems and twice on Windows 8 so my wife could play with me. Ok on to the problem, the game doesn't load new units for the opponent at least when I play my wife. She will have new units killing mine but then on my screen it just shows her move the ones she started with and then end her turn, where on her screen she killed two of my units and took my fox shrine. At this point on my screen I am about to win and on hers all I have is my general. Still love the cross platform stuff though all games should do this!
DJ 0311

Xbox Live Gamertag: DJ 0311

Re: New units not showing for opponent.

Postby 17-BIT Isaac » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:31 pm

Hi DJ,

I'm sorry to hear you and your wife are having issues with the game. This unfortunately sounds like a desynced game, which means that match can't be completely properly. However with a little more detail, we may be able to nail down this issue and put it in our patch. So I have some questions and don't worry if you can't remember everything. Anything may help narrow down this issue.

What platforms were the host and client on?
What level were you on?
Were the rules of the match on default or were they changed? If changed, what alterations were made(starting rice, time limit, etc.)?
What actions were taken before noticing the game desynced?
17-BIT Isaac
Site Admin

Re: New units not showing for opponent.

Postby DJ 0311 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:09 pm

Host was on Xbox 360 and then.. on WP8 and then PC(achievement hunting). My wife was on PC the whole time.
Level was pink something.
Standard rules except for 1000 rice starting out.
The first thing was a Monk that I killed by haunting the wife's shrine. On her screen it showed her monk still alive but on my screen it was dead and one of mine had taken its place. After that any unit she spawned at any shrine didn't show for me. It let us fish the game but since she had no troops it was all to easy to go for her general. Also others thing were off during the match like even though one of my archers had only eaten one skull for my wife it was a demon.
DJ 0311

Xbox Live Gamertag: DJ 0311

Return to Technical Issues and Assistance