Suggestions for WP version

Wanna gab about the Skulls? Speak generally about the Generals of the afterlife!
Forum rules
By using the Skulls of the Shogun Forums, you acknowledge and agree to the forum rules located here.

Suggestions for WP version

Postby shosword » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:11 pm

First off, I want to say that the game is great. I'm especially impressed by how the units are easy to distinguish, even on a small screen.

There is one thing that really bothers me, though. It takes way too long to return to my game. In principle, with a single-player turn-based game, we should be able to play a quick game whenever, wherever. However, currently it feels like I spend as much time waiting for the game to start as I do playing.

I would like to suggest two changes to streamline the process of starting a game.

My expectation of mobile games is that I can go away at any time, and that when I return to the game I find it exactly where I left it. Instead, with Skulls of the Shogun, first of all it took me a little while to notice there was an auto-save that I could reload. I had read the manual, but it doesn't mention this fact. So there's the first easy fix: change the in-game documentation so it tells the user about auto-save.

Second, 99.99% of the time I click on the "Skull of the Shogun" icon, what I want is to continue whatever game is in progress. So it would make sense to optimize for the common case, and directly reload the auto-save and put me there. If I wanted something else, I can always select "quit game" to return to the main menu and restart a different game or... well, there isn't much else I could do. Re-read the manual, perhaps.

Thanks for listening. I want the game to be successful, and perhaps others would like to chime in with other suggestions on how to make things better.
shosword

Return to Skulls of the Shogun: General Discussion