Crash on load

While Skulls of the Shogun is an elegant piece of coding magic, there is the .000000002% chance that there are bugs. Get the official list of known bugs, and see what fixes are in store for the title update. If you find one we don't have listed, let us know in here.
Forum rules
By using the Skulls of the Shogun Forums, you acknowledge and agree to the forum rules located here.

Crash on load

Postby splashdamage » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:11 pm

I installed the game and on first run got the intro screen. I was able to go to settings and change the window size (from default to 19200).
When I tried to run in multiplayer it crashed.
Subsequently it now gets to the main screen and crashes.
I've removed completely - using Steams 'delete local' and by deleting the folder.
I've reinstalled the XNA 4.0 several times. Both the base from 2010 and the 4.0 refresh from 2011.
I've updated my video drivers and run the DX installer.
I'm running on WIN 7 and it's fully updated.
I have a friend with a nearly identical system that one is running Skulls fine.
I attached the WER file.
Here are the Event Viewer errors as well.

Event ID: 1000
SkullsOfTheShogun.exe
538be2b9
KERNELBASE.dll
56258f05
e0434352
0000c42d
20ac
01d1459b840d6693
C:\games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skulls of the Shogun\SkullsOfTheShogun.exe
C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
cddfb391-b18e-11e5-9578-005056c00008

Event ID: 1026
Application: SkullsOfTheShogun.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.TypeInitializationException Stack: at System.Net.SSL_EXTRA_CERT_CHAIN_POLICY_PARA..ctor(Boolean) at System.Net.Security.SecureChannel.VerifyRemoteCertificate(System.Net.Security.RemoteCertValidationCallback) at System.Net.Security.SslState.CompleteHandshake() at System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckCompletionBeforeNextReceive(System.Net.Security.ProtocolToken, System.Net.AsyncProtocolRequest) at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendBlob(Byte[], Int32, System.Net.AsyncProtocolRequest) at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessReceivedBlob(Byte[], Int32, System.Net.AsyncProtocolRequest) at System.Net.Security.SslState.ReadFrameCallback(System.Net.AsyncProtocolRequest) at System.Net.AsyncProtocolRequest.CompleteRequest(Int32) at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.CheckCompletionBeforeNextRead(Int32) at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadCallback(System.IAsyncResult) at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr) at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.CompleteCallback(System.Object) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object) at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.Complete(IntPtr) at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.ProtectedInvokeCallback(System.Object, IntPtr) at System.Net.Sockets.BaseOverlappedAsyncResult.CompletionPortCallback(UInt32, UInt32, System.Threading.NativeOverlapped*) at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32, UInt32, System.Threading.NativeOverlapped*)

Help this shows you what you need to know.

Thanks
splashdamage

Return to Technical Issues and Assistance