[ANDROID] Cannot sign in to Skulls Anywhere

While Skulls of the Shogun is an elegant piece of coding magic, there is the .000000002% chance that there are bugs. Get the official list of known bugs, and see what fixes are in store for the title update. If you find one we don't have listed, let us know in here.
Forum rules
By using the Skulls of the Shogun Forums, you acknowledge and agree to the forum rules located here.

[ANDROID] Cannot sign in to Skulls Anywhere

Postby ahmedomar2015 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:05 pm

I have been playing the campaign of Skulls of the Shogun on my Android phone for a while now and I must say it is amazing and well worth the money. I am playing it on my new Nexus 6 running official Android 5.0 Lollipop. The version of the game is 1.32. Recently, I attempted to give the multiplayer a try and it told me that I needed a Skulls Anywhere account. So I tried signing up and the game does not detect any input from the onscreen keyboard. I could not write anything in any of the boxes. So then I tried using an external keyboard and fortunately it worked. It allowed me to input an email and password etc. But when I clicked on the button to register, a message popped up saying

"Unable to connect at this time. Please check your connection."

I am 100% sure that my internet is working. I believe that this is either due to my device running Android 5.0 or this is a glitch in your servers. Please help me resolve this issue.
ahmedomar2015

Re: [ANDROID] Cannot sign in to Skulls Anywhere

Postby 17-BIT Borut » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:14 pm

I tested it later Sunday evening, it seemed to be ok (and again yesterday & today), it seemed to be ok. I suspect/hope it was just a temporary outage - can you confirm it's up and running for you? Thanks!
17-BIT Borut

Postby ahmedomar2015 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:42 pm

Hi Borut,

I have tried again today and unfortunately, it is still not working. What device are you trying to reproduce this bug on? I understand the Nexus 6 is very hard to get, but maybe you could try it on the Nexus 5 running 5.0 Lollipop. I've attached a screenshot of the bug below. Is there anything else that I may give you for you to better diagnose this issue?
ahmedomar2015

Postby 17-BIT Borut » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:09 pm

It works here on my rooted Kindle fire, but not seeing any other complaints from anyone else - It seems like it could be an issue with Android 5, or a combination of Android 5 and the Nexus 6. Do you have any other devices running Android 5 you can test on? Will try to get one updated here.

The other thing would be to run logcat, which will provide more detailed error info, but requires downloading the android sdk. There are instructions here if you're up for it - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2141817 - you can mail the results to borut@skullsoftheshogun.com if so.

Thanks,
Borut
17-BIT Borut

Postby ahmedomar2015 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:02 am

I have ran the logcat and emailed you the results. Thanks for your help.
ahmedomar2015

Postby 17-BIT Borut » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:30 pm

For anyone else that runs into this, we realized it was AdFree (no doubt similar ad blocking software might have the same problem).

To fix it, add https://api.parse.com to the add blocking software's whitelist.
17-BIT Borut

Return to Technical Issues and Assistance