black screen

While Skulls of the Shogun is an elegant piece of coding magic, there is the .000000002% chance that there are bugs. Get the official list of known bugs, and see what fixes are in store for the title update. If you find one we don't have listed, let us know in here.
Forum rules
By using the Skulls of the Shogun Forums, you acknowledge and agree to the forum rules located here.

black screen

Postby braso » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:23 pm

I just downloaded the game from steam. When I start the game a window is opening but the screen is still black. I still can open the steam community. I got a crash report in my game folder with wrong date and the message:
WARNING: Steam client may have crashed, possible undefined steam behavior
Steam error: Could not initialize the native Steamworks API. This is usually caused by a missing steam_appid.txt file or if the Steam client is not running.
details: SteamInitializeFailed

Date: 01/11/2013 10:55:13
BuildInfo: 7900

Steam error: Could not initialize the native Steamworks API. This is usually caused by a missing steam_appid.txt file or if the Steam client is not running.

Date: 01/11/2013 10:55:16
BuildInfo: 7900

WARNING: Steam client may have crashed, possible undefined steam behavior

Can you help me?
braso

Re: black screen

Postby 17-BIT Ben » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:45 pm

This can be a problem with the download, so try this first: Right click the game in your Steam library, go to Properties, Local, and Verify game cache, if that doesn't work try deleting the game and re-installing.

If it still persists, please gather these two things to help us solve the problem:

Find the file named "GameCrash.txt" in the game's install directory. With Steam, this should be located in your SteamApps folder under:
SteamApps/common/Skulls of the Shogun/GameCrash.txt

Computer Log: Run DxDiag and save it:
- Hit the Windows key and type "dxdiag" (no quotes) into the search box, hit Enter.
- Press the "Save All Information" button near the bottom of the window, save to a location.

Send these two files to support AT skullsoftheshogun DOT com .

Apologies for the inconvenience, we really want everyone to be able to play the game!
17-BIT Ben

Steam ID: drbinocular
Xbox Live Gamertag: Dr Binocular

Re: black screen

Postby braso » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:51 am

Thanks for your reply.
I tried everything you said, no success...

Now I have sent all the files you said to the mail adress you said.
braso

Return to Technical Issues and Assistance