Windows 8 (Surface Pro) - Couple of Issues

While Skulls of the Shogun is an elegant piece of coding magic, there is the .000000002% chance that there are bugs. Get the official list of known bugs, and see what fixes are in store for the title update. If you find one we don't have listed, let us know in here.
Forum rules
By using the Skulls of the Shogun Forums, you acknowledge and agree to the forum rules located here.

Windows 8 (Surface Pro) - Couple of Issues

Postby dustinw » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:29 pm

First of all, love the game! Bought it for my Windows Phone and Surface Pro. Now to the business end:

Both of my issues may be related. Also, I'm not sure if they are specific to the Surface Pro, or Windows 8 in general. Both are in the "Skulls Anywhere" mode.

1. Sending a turn takes quite a while on my Surface Pro. I'm not sure exactly why, as my Windows Phone (Lumia 920) sends them very quickly. It seems like it's waiting for the game to save, maybe? Since eventually it will flash the "Saving..." or something along those lines at the top-left of the screen, then immediately sends the turn after.

2. This may be related to the first issue. When finishing an opponent, I get the "Winner" screen, only to find that the move didn't seem to send. The only way that I realize this is by going to the particular match, and it shows it's my turn again, and I can replay it indefinitely. This seems to happen more often when I knock my opponent's general off an edge.

Hope this helps you guys sort some things out.

Thanks!
dustinw

Xbox Live Gamertag: Gravity oXo

Re: Windows 8 (Surface Pro) - Couple of Issues

Postby LaFabrique » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:44 am

hi
i have the same issue like you with the save. I asked them already but they didnt answer about this problem. It is really anoying issue. We need to wait at least 30 sec!!

i hope they will answer. i have a surface rt
LaFabrique

Xbox Live Gamertag: LaFabrique

Re: Windows 8 (Surface Pro) - Couple of Issues

Postby 17-BIT Borut » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:41 am

Sorry for the late response, missed this post.

1. Unfortunately the wifi adapter on the Surface is very slow. In addition, the xbox live API's microsoft provides us to do the async on Win8 seem to periodically take longer than you'd expect (and then sometimes they work in a normal amount of time). The combination of both issues can cause, yeah, a pretty noticeable delay. Unfortunately there's not much we can do about it. The amount of data we send is already compressed and squeezed down as much as possible.

2. This is issue should be fixed with the title update this week - and the problem with win8 Skulls Anywhere servers should be resolved now, so it should be good to go.
17-BIT Borut

Return to Technical Issues and Assistance