Purchase Error: Minimum Requirements

While Skulls of the Shogun is an elegant piece of coding magic, there is the .000000002% chance that there are bugs. Get the official list of known bugs, and see what fixes are in store for the title update. If you find one we don't have listed, let us know in here.
Forum rules
By using the Skulls of the Shogun Forums, you acknowledge and agree to the forum rules located here.

Purchase Error: Minimum Requirements

Postby orient » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:17 pm

Hi there,
I just bought a laptop that came with Windows 8 and naturally the first thing I tried to do was purchase Skulls of the Shogun. When I click Buy, though, I get the purchase error, "Your PC doesn't meet the minimum system requirements". My specs: AMD Brazos E450 Dual Core 1.65GHz APU with 2GB RAM.

I realise it's not exactly a powerhouse, but I'd rather decide for myself if the game runs well or not. If it doesn't work then it's on me -- at least I've supported the game, and I can re-download it at a later date on a better rig.

So I guess my question is: Is there a good reason why I can't download the game, and is there a way around this error?

Thanks a lot.
orient

Re: Purchase Error: Minimum Requirements

Postby 17-BIT Borut » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:47 pm

The main technical requirement to run the game is a graphics card that supports DirectX 9.1 natively in hardware (that's a requirement for a lot of WinRT games).

If you're not sure about your laptop's capability there, you can search for and run the app "dxdiag" which will spit out info on your system's capabilities. If you're not sure if that's true, you can save that data to a text file (there's a button to do so) and send it to support@skullsoftheshogun.com and I can help confirm.
17-BIT Borut

Re: Purchase Error: Minimum Requirements

Postby orient » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:55 pm

Thanks a lot for the reply. I've sent you my DxDiag.txt -- it looks like my card supports DX11, so it must be something else?

Cheers.
orient

Return to Technical Issues and Assistance